DFC Society Scholarship Application
The Distinguished Flying Cross Society provides two types of one-year scholarships for applicants who are descendants or adopted children from within our membership. In addition to the academic scholarships that have been offered in our past years, we now also award vocational/technical scholarships. All technical fields of study, in accredited technical schools or community/junior colleges qualify.
Academic scholarships will continue to be awarded. The academic scholarship is intended to support students in their undergraduate pursuits (BA or BS degree programs).
Indicate for which scholarship you are applying in the application. (Please note, previous winners are not eligible.)
Qualifications for Application
Each applicant must complete an online scholarship application with supporting documentation, indicating if it's for either an academic program or a vocational/technical program;
No applicant can have previously been awarded a DFCS scholarship;
Each applicant must provide evidence that they are a descendant or legally adopted child of a DFCS member; and
Each applicant must provide all of the aforementioned prior to 31 MAY.
[Easy 3 - Step] Application Process
1.) Complete Online Application
Each applicant must complete an online application for consideration.
2.) Provide Supporting Documentation in .PDF format
Provide the following supporting documentation to be considered:
1) 500-Word Essay on the topic: “What are your life aspirations, how will this scholarship assist you in pursuit of those aspirations, and why do you need this scholarship?”
2) Transcripts from current or most recent educational institution.
3) SAT/SCAT/ACT or other test scores required for admission to your program.
4) Activities/Extra-Curricular/Community Service.
5) Any other documentation/correspondence to support your application (e. g. Letter(s) of recommendation from professors, educators, advisors, supervisors, etc.
6) Evidence that you are a descendant or legally adopted child of a DFCS member.
3.) Submit Applications prior to 31 MAY
**PLEASE NOTE: THE DFC SOCIETY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION WILL TIMEOUT AFTER 26 MINUTES. IN ORDER TO ENSURE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE RECEIVED, IT IS RECOMMENDED TO GATHER ALL OF YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION.
APPLICANTS WHO ARE AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A PHOTO AND SHORT BIOGRAPHY FOR SUBMISSION IN THE WINTER EDITION OF THE DFC SOCIETY MAGAZINE.