DFC Society Contributions - Chapter Level
The Distinguished Flying Cross Society (DFCS) exists to honor those men and women who have demonstrated their heroism or extraordinary achievements in difficult situations in aerial flight that resulted in the award of the Distinguished Flying Cross. As an organization, the DFCS membership represents not only the continuum of time, from 1926 to the present, but a diversity of services, ethnicity, rank and gender. Our membership primarily hails from the United States Army, United States Navy, United States Marine Corps, United States Air Force and the United States Coast Guard along with a few civilian aviation pioneers who are also included.
The Society was founded on fraternity and fellowship among military fliers. We seek to preserve the rich heritage and historical narratives of those who are recipients of the DFC and to educate the general public, especially the youth of America, on the values of courage, patriotism and character; those characteristics upon which America was founded. In doing, so we want to elevate the awareness of the award itself and to demonstrate to the public that, based on those principles, a cross section of ordinary Americans can and have accomplished extraordinary things in extremely difficult conditions.
We will accomplish our mission through a number of important initiatives.
1. Continuously seeking out DFC recipients to become members of the DFCS.
2. Establishing regional chapters throughout the United States to increase the DFCS’ effectiveness and reach.
3. Teaming with other organizations such as the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation and the James H. Doolittle Foundation to effectively reach and educate the youth of America.
4. Promoting the book, “On Heroic Wings – Stories of the Distinguished Flying Cross”. The book preserves the rich history of many DFC recipients through the continuum of time.
5. Creating a television documentary which will also be used to preserve the history and educate the public on the characteristics of those who have been awarded the DFC.
The Distinguished Flying Cross Society is a 501 (c) 19 nonprofit war veterans organization dedicated to the preservation, perpetuation, and publication of the history and traditions of the men and women who served in all Military Services worldwide and who have been awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross “as a result of deeds accomplished during aerial flight”. Your generous gift will help us fund our mission to promote and preserve, plus provide scholarships. Together, we can make a difference.
The Distinguished Flying Cross Society does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material is offered for your informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting purposes. Always consult your personal tax, legal and accounting advisors for guidance on your own situation.